Jeff's Personal Weblog

Thursday, October 28, 2004

Comedy: Take 2 and Rock for Choice

Last Friday Coreena and I went to another comedy show at the Black Horse. Dan and Kim also joined us. There was a lot more people there this time around, but there was also a LOT more table talk. That was really unfortunate. Having performed in front of people before, I know how frustrating it can be when people don't have enough respect to pay attention to you. As for the quality of the show, I thought the headliner last time was funnier. This time I had a smile for almost all of it, but he never had me constantly laughing-out-loud. It was still a pretty good time. Afterwards, Dan, Kim, Coreena, Phil, and I played a couple games of Tripoly. That was fun.

On Sunday Coreena and I went to the Rock for Choice show at Rascal's. I knew several of the performers: Elsa (used to work at the Blue Heron with Erin) played piano and sang beautifully, French Is (Jen and Garrett) are always enjoyable to watch, STYB put on a good show, and an acquaintance, Justin, played in a new band that was better than I was expecting. All in all, it was a good show (despite listening to some PhD lady talk for what seemed like an hour about the history of abortions or something).

This weekend I'm going to a wedding with Coreena. Hopefully it will be a good time. Later

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home