Jeff's Personal Weblog

Friday, September 17, 2004

If you are stalking me...

then do I have a feature for you. Or maybe you have no real life and live vicariously through my blog. This feature is for you, too. Recently I made an ATOM feed of my site available. "What does this mean to me?" you may be asking yourself. I'll tell you what it means... It means that if you have an RSS client that supports ATOM feeds, you can have my latest blog entries delivered straight to you and perhaps even notified when I post new entries. "RSS, what the hell is that?!?!?" Well, my poor innocent fools, RSS is a way of sending small bits of info over the internet, such as news or blog posts. If you have an RSS Aggregator, you can receive these bits of info right on your home PC. There are many RSS Aggregators available (both web-based or stand-alone apps), but I personally use SharpReader. You can use any RSS Aggregator that supports ATOM (basically a type of RSS feed although actually a competitor to RSS, but that isn't what's really important). "What is your point about all this ATOM and RSS and Aggregator talk, Jeff?" My point is, if you are tired of checking my blog every day to see if I've posted anything new, you could get an RSS Aggregator, subscribe to my feeds, and the posts will be delivered to you. You could also subscribe to all sorts of news posts and other stuff. That, my friend, is my point. So I suppose I should tell you where to find these ATOM feeds of mine. There are two options: 1) Click on the ATOM Site Feed link at the bottom of the bar on the right (below the Archives and Links and stuff). 2) Just click here for my main Weblog feed and here for the Photogasmic feed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home