Jeff's Personal Weblog

Monday, August 16, 2004


WEAC President Stan Johnson presents the 2003 Great Schools Hero Award to Larry Busching (right) in October 2003. Read more about the award and Mr. Busching here.


I cried tonight for probably the first time in two and a half years after reading Mr. Busching's obituary and thinking about my years knowing him. It just doesn't seem right that such a great man should be taken from the world, especially from a horrible disease as Lou Gehrig's Disease. I hope I will become half the man that Mr. Busching was. The only comfort I have is that he'll live on in the hearts and memories of hundreds of students, friends, and family. I'll miss you...

1 Comments:

  • He was a very wonderful man. I don't know how he did it. He found time to teach class, run from school to school to school, conduct band lessons, and council me along with many other students during study hall on a daily basis. I cried about it, too. It is really sad that he is gone but he had a very successful, meaningful life. There are so many people out there that love him and will miss him. C.O.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home