Jeff's Personal Weblog

Saturday, July 24, 2004

Farewell, Phillip A Jirsa, we will miss you

My coworker (and roommate) has taken a job in the IT department at WSU. Friday was his last official day in the office. It was a day of mourning. As a send off, Phil and I went out to the bars on Thursday with our friend Christine. It was a pretty good time. I was wise enough to limit my alcohol intake, so I felt perfectly fine the next day. I think that is the first time that I didn't feel like shit after going out on Thursday... Damn you Bullseye and your 3$ all you can drink Thirsty Thursdays.
I ran into another friend of mine, Jen (of French Is fame), at the bars and we decided we should go do some karaoke sometime. For some reason, I have this urge to do karaoke, but that will probably go away after I get booed off the stage. I also found out that Jen works in the new science building and has a master key, so I will be paying her a visit at work soon so we can explore the new building.
The good news about Phil leaving the office, is that his position is now open. If everything goes to plan, I will get his position. This is good news for me because it means I will get benefits and an increase in pay. I have to hand in my resume next week, so I'll keep you posted.

2 Comments:

  • I want in the new science building too!
    My printmaking teacher had a crazy dream that she was riding her bike around in the hallways of it.. if it all possible...i'd like to make her dream come true for me. Steve was out thursday too...ran into Zemke and that 3 dollar special as well...did you guys see eachother? I heard Kent Anderson was there. I think I have a thursday off sometime in the next few weeks..$3 is a friggin bargain.

    Love, Semke

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:07 PM  

  • I did run into Steve. I forgot about that... no offense to Steve. Didn't see Kent, but then again, I don't know if I would recognize him even if I did.

    By Blogger Jeff, at 7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home