Jeff's Personal Weblog

Sunday, April 24, 2005

My awesome new toy

Well, my iRiver mp3 player arrived on Friday. I must say, I am quite impressed by it so far. I already have my music collection transferred to it (well at least the stuff that was already on my computer). The controls are definitely not as intuitive as an iPod (although I've only played with an iPod at Best Buy). But after referring to the manual a couple times, it is pretty easy to use. Transfering music to it couldn't be easier. I just plug it in and Win XP recognizes it as an external harddrive. No music management software is needed (although my music software of choice, MediaMonkey, has a plug-in that makes synch-ing it even more of a snap). The other cool thing is that I can upgrade the firmware. Just tonight I upgraded the firmware to allow me to play videos on it; the only catch is that they need to be converted to an iRiver format which is easy with some free software. As a test, I put the trailer for Star Wars III on it. Again, I am quite impressed. So far I am very glad I chose the iRiver H320 over the iPod. Hopefully that doesn't change as I use it more.

I also bought an iRiver FM transmitter but I haven't had a chance to use it yet. Unfortunately it is locked in a Dentist office until tomorrow morning. Starting tomorrow, I'll get to enjoy the tunes in the truck, too.

1 Comments:

  • hey, that's one cool toy you have there.. hey probably you can advice me on which mp3 player i should buy.. if you have time.. buzz me up at anthony.i.ph
    thanks!
    -anthony

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home