Jeff's Personal Weblog

Thursday, December 09, 2004

Canada just keeps getting better

As if there weren't already enough reasons to move to Canada, they went and added another... Canada Court: Same-Sex Unions OK

I'm glad to see that our good neighbours to the north aren't as full of discrimination and hate as the US seems to be. I can only hope that we will follow their lead. Excuse my rant, but I just can't understand how people can be against gay marriage and have a clean conscience. I should clarify before going any farther that I am talking about legal marriage only. I can see being against gay marriage in a religious sense, but that should be completely separate from legal marriage (unless we are abondoning the separation of church and state). With that said, what really baffles me is that a large percentage of blacks are against gay marriage. I would think that if anyone could sympathize with the gays, it would be other people who face discrimination. And I'm quite puzzled how gay marriage has any affect what-so-ever on anyone but the couple getting married and their loved ones. And as far as gay marriage "jeopardizing" the institution of marriage, well that's just preposterous. By allowing gays to marry, we will be encouraging life-long commitments, monogamy, and two-parent families.

Alright, I'm done with my rant. But one last thing, if any of you reading this are against gay marriage, I would really like to hear your reasons for having that position because I can't come up with any. But only comment if you are going to keep it civilized (i.e. no personal attacks).

1 Comments:

  • hello jeff spors.
    this saturday is my birthday and my friends decided to throw a pre-party party for myself and my friend michael (who's birthday is on friday). if you are interested or looking for something to do you can meet us all at the hei 'n low after 10 pm.
    take care,

    erin s.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home